Perfect smiles often depend upon orthodontic treatments to combat the effects of malocclusions. Although malocclusions are often found in patients, misalignments in your smile can have a negative impact on the aesthetics of your smile as well as your entire oral health. Treating malocclusions is essential when seeking the perfect smile. For more information about malocclusions, consider the following:
– Overbites, also called buck teeth, result from your upper front teeth sticking out past your lower front teeth.
– Misplaced midlines result from your front teeth not lining up correctly with your lower front teeth.
– Crossbites result from your lower jaw sticking out past your upper jaw.
– Open bites result from spacing issues between your teeth when biting down.
– Other forms of malocclusions result from overcrowded teeth, spacing gaps between teeth, teeth erupting in the wrong spaces in your mouth, misalignments, and too many or missing teeth.
– Deep bites, also called closed bites, are severe forms of overbites.
– Underbites, also called bulldog teeth, result from your lower front teeth sticking out past your upper front teeth.
If you would like to schedule your malocclusion treatments at Victoria Lynskey DMD, MDS, Orthodontist or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Victoria Lynskey and our team at our orthodontic office in Santa Rosa, California, please give us a call at 707-525-1180. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a great smile!